Business Management and Administration
Which programs are offered?
We offer the following programs:
- Administrative Support [PDF] —This program prepares students to work in an office setting to create spreadsheets; manage databases; prepare presentations, reports, and documents; and engage with customers and coworkers.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Court Reporter
- Customer Service Representative
- Data Entry Specialist
- Legal Sectretary
- Word Processor
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$35,330/year
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 13, 2018. Some of these jobs may require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
Which certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Business Information Processing Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Fundamental Business Concepts Exam