Strong Start helps families new to Destinations Career Academy of Nevada (Destinations) by providing answers to their most pressing questions and giving them the necessary resources to start the school year right.
We offer live workshops and videos on topics such as Account Creation and Setup, Checking Your Grades, and many more. Strong Start also provides families with key information like our school calendar and school policies, summer camps, parent network sessions, local school events, and important phone numbers.
We encourage you to take advantage of our Strong Start program—it’s a great way to begin your online education journey!
Destinations students can join a SkillsUSA Career Technical Student Organization club. SkillsUSA is a national partnership of students, teachers, and industry representatives working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. SkillsUSA helps students who are preparing for careers in technical, skilled, and service occupations, including health and business occupations. Membership in SkillsUSA gives students the opportunity to:
- Practically apply what they learn in the classroom
- Take courses in addition to those offered in the K12 course catalog
- Participate in academic competitions and community service activities
- Connect with like-minded students who have similar career and academic interests
- Earn scholarships offered exclusively through SkillsUSA
Destinations is passionate about building a strong school community and giving our students many opportunities to make connections, get support, and develop friendships. With 100+ national K12 clubs in categories from hobbies to world languages and STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) to college and career planning, we’re sure your student will find a great way to connect with peers and teachers!
At Destinations, parents receive help with each transition to a new grade as well as ongoing tips and moral support. Our parent support programs ensure that you’ll never feel alone. Here’s an overview of the resources available to you:
- Parent2Parent Lifelines—Participate in online Q&A sessions with experienced K12 parents.
- Parent Workshops—Topics include maximizing the K12 curriculum, tackling behavior challenges, Microsoft Office tools, and much more.
- Parent Refresher Series—Take refresher courses on math and writing topics to help you better assist your student.
- Parent Clubs—Share common interests and connect with other parents through clubs such as ParenTek12, K12 Parents’ Book Chat, K12 Military Hub, and more.